2016 Collaborative Bar Leadership Academy
2016 COLLABORATIVE BAR LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
June 26-28, 2016 ~ Seattle, WA
The Collaborative Bar Leadership Academy (CBLA) is a collaborative effort among the American Bar Association, Hispanic National Bar Association, National Bar Association, National Native American Bar Association, and NAPABA. Through this collaboration, the CBLA will strengthen the pipeline of diverse bar association leaders through bar leadership training and professional development programs. The CBLA will benefit current and future bar leaders, the bar association community, and the legal profession overall, and lays the foundation for further collaborative efforts by the sponsoring bar associations to foster diversity and inclusion in the legal profession.
CBLA is intended for:
- Up-and-coming bar leaders who have been in practice for 5-15 years.
- Have served as HNBA Regional President, Deputy Regional President, officers of an HNBA affiliate and/or co-chair of an HNBA committee, section, division, or task force.
Reasons to Apply
- Network with leaders from your organization and multiple national bar associations;
- Learn, discuss, and develop leadership skills important to your future as a lawyer and as a future bar leader;
- Have the opportunity to absorb a wide range of leadership advice from leading experts in the field in a collegial and close-knit setting; and
- Develop the skills necessary to successfully organize, operate, and lead local and national bar associations.
Apply | Friday, May 13
- Submit an application HERE.
- Deadline to apply is Friday, May 13th at 8 pm EST.
Participants for the CBLA will be determined by a juried selection process. Applicants will be asked to submit a brief essay of 250-500 words, a CV/resume, and two letters of recommendation. A registration fee of $100 will be charged to confirmed participants.
More information about the program can be found on the CBLA website. Please contact HNBA President-Elect and CBLA Steering Committee member Pedro Torres-Díaz with any questions at email@example.com.