The HNBA Career Center is the exclusive resource to provide professional services to our national members who seek assistance with their own professional advancement. It is also a way for our partners and sponsors to achieve their recruiting needs from among the best and brightest.
HOW TO POST A JOB TO THE CAREER CENTER
Welcome Employer! You’ve come to the best place to locate qualified candidates for your available positions. The HNBA online Career Center allows you to connect to thousands of members and job seekers, so when candidates think about making a career change, they come here first! Post your jobs today and begin receiving applications from qualified candidates.* *Note that job postings should be submitted in a word document along with the HNBA job posting credit card authorization form included below to: email@example.com. HNBA now offers annual fees for unlimited job postings per year. To see fee schedule for posting jobs please click here.
* Note that your position will remain online for a period of sixty-days. PAYMENT OPTIONS: When you post a job opportunity, you can pay by check or Visa, Mastercard or American Express by contacting our office. If ads are closed at customer’s request before 60-days, fees will not be prorated and no money will be refunded. HNBA Job Posting Credit Card Authorization Form
QUESTIONS? Please call (202) 223-4777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. Department of Justice – Nationwide Vacancies
Microsoft – Legal & Corporate Affairs Jobs
USAJOBS – Federal Government Jobs
The National Labor Relation Board (NLRB) – NLRB 2015 Honors Program
Securities and Exchange Commission – Recruitment Center
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency – Office of General Counsel Honors Legal Fellowship Program
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency – Office of General Counsel Summer Honors Law Clerk Program
LATEST JOB POSTINGS
- MANAGING COUNSEL, LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT – TOYOTA MOTOR SALES – PLANO, TX
Explore taking your career further with one of the world’s most respected brands and one of the top automotive companies in North America! Toyota is growing and leading the way through innovations designed to enhance lives through forward-thinking mobility solutions. We are looking for diverse, highly-motivated team members who want to come grow and lead the change with us.[…]
- DEAN – SCHOOL OF LAW, UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO BOULDER – BOULDER, CO
The University of Colorado Boulder invites nominations and applications for the Dean of the School of Law. The Dean reports to the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost and is the chief academic and administrative officer of Colorado Law. The University of Colorado School of Law occupies a distinct position among American law schools. Colorado Law’s greatest strength is its ability to spark independent thinking while simultaneously fostering a sense of public mindedness, community and interdisciplinary outreach. […]
- RESEARCHER ON CRIMINAL JUSTICE – HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH, US PROGRAM – NY, DC, CHICAGO, LOS ANGELES, OR SAN FRANCISCO
The US Program of Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) is seeking a highly qualified Researcher on Criminal Justice to investigate, analyze, and advocate against human rights abuses experienced by persons in the US criminal justice system through the media and directly with policymakers. The role of the Researcher may include documenting and advocating against racial injustice in policing; abusive prosecutorial policies; excessively harsh sentencing and post-conviction collateral consequences;[…]
- SENIOR ATTORNEY – JOHN DEERE – MOLINE, IL As a Senior Attorney for John Deere in Moline, IL, you will deliver advice to clients on matters of substantial magnitude in several areas requiring broad knowledge, but particularly as it relates to Export Controls, Logistics, Transportation, Anti-Boycott, Import, and Customs.
- VICE PRESIDENT & SENIOR COUNSEL – MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL LAW DEPARTMENT – BETHESDA, MD Marriott International, Inc., named by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best companies to Work for in America”, has an immediate opportunity for a Vice President & Senior Counsel position at its corporate headquarters. The Marriott International Law Department, located at the Company’s worldwide corporate headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, services the Company’s lodging business.
- DEPUTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY I – SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY – SAN BERNARDINO, CA The Office of the District Attorney offers an exciting opportunity for a challenging career in criminal trial work. Deputy District Attorneys I prepare and present cases before all courts within the County upon completion of an extensive training program designed to develop trial skills.
- SENIOR CORPORATE COUNSEL, REGULATORY – TARGET – MINNEAPOLIS, MN Target is seeking an energetic, collaborative and self-motivated attorney with at least five years of legal experience to serve as Senior Corporate Counsel. This attorney will have responsibility for independently managing litigation matters as well as providing legal support for internal investigations throughout the company, including conducting and overseeing investigations in appropriate cases.
- DEAN, STURM COLLEGE OF LAW – UNIVERSITY OF DENVER – DENVER, CO The University of Denver seeks nominations and applications for the position of Dean of the Sturm College of Law. Founded in 1864, the University of Denver (known as DU) is the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region. It has become one of the West’s premier private universities, recognized for its commitment to the public good, and for its track record of training thoughtful and creative leaders for the professions, public service, and entrepreneurship. […]
- DIRECTOR OF DIVERSITY/ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF LAW IN RESIDENCE – UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA – TUSCALOOSA, AL The University of Alabama School of Law is seeking a qualified individual to serve as Director of Diversity and Inclusion and Assistant Professor of Law in Residence. The successful candidate will have experience in an educational or other professional setting, and/or an interest and aptitude for, addressing matters of diversity and inclusion. In addition, the successful candidate will have demonstrated the academic and professional excellence anticipated of the members of a top law school’s faculty.[…]
- ATTORNEY-ADVISOR – FARM CREDIT ADMINISTRATION – MCLEAN, VA The Farm Credit Administration (FCA) is a small, vibrant, independent Federal agency located in McLean, Virginia that regulates and examines the Farm Credit System (FCS), an over $200+ billion nationwide network of over 80+ financial institutions providing credit and related services to farmers, ranchers, agribusinesses, and agricultural and rural cooperatives. As Attorney-Advisor, you will be responsible for providing legal and advisory services to the Agency on a range of administrative law, banking law, statutory, regulatory and legislative matters[…]
- CORPORATE ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – BOISE, ID Holland & Hart’s growing Corporate group is seeking a junior associate to join its team in Boise, Idaho. Successful candidates will ideally have 1-3 years of top tier law firm experience from a national firm in one or more of the following areas: mergers & acquisitions, venture capital/emerging growth, private equity, securities, and corporate governance matters.[…]
- LEGISLATIVE ANALYST – LIBRARY OF CONGRESS – WASHINGTON, DC The Congressional Research Service (CRS) Office of Congressional Information and Publishing (CIP) is seeking a Legislative Analyst to join its Legislative Analysis and Information Section (LAIS). The Office of Congressional Information and Publishing is the organization within CRS and the Library of Congress that is mandated to produce legislative information for the United States Congress.[…]
- ASSISTANT MANAGER, DEPARTMENT HEARINGS & INVESTIGATIONS – MTA METRO-NORTH RAILROAD – MANHATTAN, NY MTA Metro-North Railroad is a dynamic organization, operating out of the jewel of New York City, Grand CentralTerminal. We provide service to over 82 million customers annually, traveling in and out of New York and Connecticut. A subsidiary of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Metro-North Railroad is the busiest commuter railroad in the nation. MTA Metro-North Railroad strives to provide a safe commute, great service to its customers and rewarding opportunities to its employees.
- CORPORATE COUNSEL, TRANSACTIONS – TARGET – MINNEAPOLIS, MN Target is seeking a collaborative and self-motivated attorney with two to five years of legal experience to serve as Corporate Counsel. This attorney will provide transactional support, legal advice, and strategic direction to Target on a wide variety of matters in support of Target’s strategies and operations.
- FEDERAL INCOME TAX ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – DENVER, CO The Denver office of Holland & Hart is seeking a tax associate with 4+ years of solid Federal Income Tax experience. Holland & Hart is the largest law firm based in the Mountain West with more than 500 lawyers in 15 offices. It is also the only law firm based in the Mountain West ranked on The American Lawyer’s list of the top 200 law firms in the United States.[…]
- ERISA ASSOCIATE – STEPTOE & JOHNSON – WASHINGTON, DC Steptoe, an AmLaw 100 firm, seeks a highly qualified attorney with 3+ years of significant plan counseling and litigation experience to join our ERISA, Labor & Employment practice in the DC office. ERISA expertise essential. Outstanding academic, organizational, interpersonal, and research and writing skills required.[…]
- CORPORATE ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – LAS VEGAS, NV Holland & Hart’s growing Corporate group is seeking a junior or mid-level associate to join its team in Las Vegas, Nevada. Holland & Hart is the largest law firm based in the Mountain West, with approximately 500 lawyers in 15 offices, including over 60 attorneys across three offices in Nevada. It is also the only law firm based in the Mountain West ranked on The American Lawyer’s list of the top 200 law firms in the US. […]
- EMPLOYMENT & LABOR LAW COUNSEL – AMERICAN WATER – VOORHEES, NJ Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. […]
- CORPORATE ASSOCIATE OR COUNSEL – THOMPSON COBURN LLP – CHICAGO, IL Thompson Coburn is seeking an Associate/Counsel with three or more years of corporate transactional experience to join the corporate practice. Candidates must have strong academic achievement, excellent analytical and writing skills, strong interpersonal skills, a willingness to work hard and the ability to function independently and within a team and with clients.
- TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST – STEPTOE & JOHNSON – PALO ALTO, CA Steptoe, an AmLaw 100 firm, seeks a Technology Specialist to join our IP group in the Palo Alto office. Duties include: supporting the identification, protection and management of corporate intellectual property; providing assistance in analyzing and drafting patent applications, disclosure documents and opinions; supporting patent prosecution and alternative IP protection strategies; patent searching, patent analysis, re-examination and consolidating technical information for review and analysis by counsel […]
- COMMERCIAL LITIGATION ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – LAS VEGAS, NV The Las Vegas office of Holland & Hart is seeking a litigation associate with 2 years of solid commercial litigation experience. Holland & Hart is the largest law firm based in the Mountain West with more than 500 lawyers in 15 offices. It is also the only law firm based in the Mountain West ranked on The American Lawyer’s list of the top 200 law firms in the United States. Successful candidates will have an energetic personality, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. […]
- SENIOR COUNSEL – NETFLIX – ORIGINAL SERIES – BEVERLY HILLS, CA Netflix seeks an experienced attorney to handle a wide array of responsibilities related to the licensing, development, production, and distribution of Netflix’s original content initiative. The successful candidate will work with the company’s original content team to structure, negotiate and draft agreements primarily to license original series from a variety of studio and production partners and should be extremely comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts.[…]
- ENTRY-LEVEL FIDUCIARY SOLUTIONS ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – DENVER The Denver office of Holland & Hart is seeking an entry-level associate to join its Fiduciary Solutions group. Holland & Hart is the largest law firm based in the Mountain West with more than 500 lawyers in 15 offices. It is also the only law firm based in the Mountain West ranked on The American Lawyer’s list of the top 200 law firms in the United States. Successful candidates will have an energetic personality, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. […]
- MID-LEVEL TELECOM ASSOCIATE -STEPTOE & JOHNSON – WASHINGTON, DC The Washington, D.C. office of Steptoe & Johnson LLP is seeking a mid- or senior-level regulatory associate to join its Telecom, Internet, and Media practice. Candidates with a combination of experience with FCC matters, copyright licensing, and dealing with performance rights organizations preferred. Steptoe’s dynamic client base includes leading innovators in the fields of satellite communications, wireless networks, Internet services, and electronic privacy and security.
- PRIVATE ASSOCIATE OR COUNSEL – THOMPSON COBURN LLP – LOS ANGELES, CA Thompson Coburn is seeking a Private Client Associate or Counsel. Preferred candidates will have experience in drafting estate planning documents and handling post mortem trust administration and probate. A tax background or knowledge in the area is beneficial. Candidates must have exceptional academic achievement, excellent analytical and writing skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to function independently and within a team.
- IP ASSOCIATE – THOMPSON COBURN LLP – CHICAGO, IL OR SAINT LOUIS, MO Thompson Coburn is seeking an Intellectual Property Associate with 2-6 years of experience in patent prosecution. Applicants must have a background in electrical engineering or computer science as well as exceptional academic achievement and strong writing skills, and must be licensed to practice before the USPTO. The ideal candidate will have experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications addressing computer software and hardware technology and must be open to supporting litigation. Some litigation experience is a plus.
- FINANCE ASSOCIATE – THOMPSON COBURN LLP – LOS ANGELES, CA Thompson Coburn is seeking an Associate/Counsel to join the finance practice to service our banking and corporate clients. Candidates do not need to have finance experience, but must be committed to learning the practice and continuing in this practice area. Candidates must have strong academic achievement, excellent analytical and writing skills, strong interpersonal skills, a willingness to work hard and the ability to function independently and within a team.
- ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL, SOLID WASTE AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE LAW OFFICE – ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY – WASHINGTON, DC This is a Senior Executive Service (SES) position in the Office of General Counsel, Solid Waste and Emergency Response Law Office, located in Washington, DC.The incumbent serves as the Associate General Counsel (Solid Waste and Emergency Response Law Office). The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Principal Deputy General Counsel and is responsible for providing legal counsel, opinion, legal services, and negotiation support with respect to the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA)[…]
- ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL, ALTERNATE DISPUTE RESOLUTION – ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION LAW OFFICE – ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY – WASHINGTON, DC This is a Senior Executive Service (SES) position in the Office of General Counsel, Alternative Dispute Resolution Law Office, located in Washington, DC.The incumbent serves as the Associate General Counsel (Alternative Dispute Resolution Law Office). The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Principal Deputy General Counsel and is responsible for providing legal advice and counsel on all issues under the Administrative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Act of 1996, the Negotiated Rulemaking Act of 1996, and the Alternative Dispute Resolution Act of 1988.[…]
- DIRECTOR, ALTERNATE DISPUTE RESOLUTION – ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION LAW OFFICE – ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY – WASHINGTON, DC This is a Senior Executive Service (SES) position in the Office of General Counsel, Alternative Dispute Resolution Law Office, located in Washington, DC.The incumbent serves as the Director, Alternative Dispute Resolution Law Office. The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Principal Deputy General Counsel and is responsible for providing advice and counsel on all issues under the Administrative Dispute Act and related statutes. Incumbent manages the Agency’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program and case management, in accordance with the Administrative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Act of 1996[…]
- IP TRANSACTIONS ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – DENVER, CO Searching for a junior IP transactional rock star. Come join our vibrant, growing team in Denver doing dynamic IP transactional work at the dominant firm in the Mountain West. This position involves structuring, drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of sophisticated and complex agreements related to IP, technology and other commercial matters, including sponsorship and marketing agreements, agreements related to SaaS platforms and software offerings, strategic alliance agreements, IP licenses, vendor and consulting agreements, distribution agreements and joint development agreements.
- LITIGATION ASSOCIATE – WILSON TURNER KOSMO LLP – SAN DIEGO, CA Wilson Turner Kosmo LLP is seeking an associate with 2 to 4 years of litigation experience, to support the firm’s employment law, product liability and business litigation practices (Employment Law experience a plus). Strong credentials, excellent research, writing and oral advocacy skills required. Excellent work environment with competitive salary and benefits. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in San Diego, Wilson Turner Kosmo LLP is one of the largest WBENC certified women-owned law firms in the region.
- ANTITRUST ASSOCIATE – STEPTOE & JOHNSON LLP – WASHINGTON, DC Steptoe is looking for an associate with 4-7 years of antitrust experience for our growing antitrust practice. Substantial private firm expertise in mergers, cartel investigations, and civil litigation (including class actions) strongly preferred. Experience should include a supervisory role in responding to a second request, preparing substantive motions, white papers and PowerPoints, conducting depositions and witness interviews etc. Excellent analytical, advocacy and communications skills, and a writing sample are required.
- SENIOR COUNSEL – NETFLIX – CONTENT ACQUISITION, INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION – BEVERLY HILLS, CA Netflix is seeking a seasoned content licensing attorney focusing on international television for a role with responsibility for a wide array of content acquisition and distribution deals with international studios, networks and local distributors for exhibition on the Netflix service. The successful candidate will work with the company’s global television content acquisition team to structure, negotiate and draft agreements to stream television series to Netflix subscribers internationally, may handle related intellectual property matters as they arise, and should be extremely comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts.
- SENIOR POLICY COUNSEL – CENTER FOR RESPONSIBLE LENDING – OAKLAND, CA Self-Help is a community development lender founded in 1980 that creates and protects ownership and economic opportunity for minority, women-headed, rural and low-wealth families through personal, home and small business lending. It has provided almost $7 billion in financing to help more than 100,000 low-wealth borrowers buy homes, start and build businesses, and strengthen community resources across the country. As part of CRL’s State Policy Team, supporting stakeholders throughout the 50 states, Senior Policy Counsel will work with stakeholders in California and other Western states to develop and advance strategies for legislative and regulatory reform at the state level to prevent predatory lending practices.
- ENERGY & INFRASTRUCTURE CORPORATE ASSOCIATE – HOLLAND & HART – DENVER, CO Holland & Hart’s Corporate group is seeking an associate to join its Energy & Infrastructure team in the firm’s Denver, Colorado office. The Energy & Infrastructure Group represents developers and borrowers in project development and finance across multiple infrastructure industries, with a focus on renewable energy transactions, and is recognized by Chambers and Partners as a leading practice group nationwide in the renewable and alternative energy sector. Holland & Hart is the best corporate law firm in Denver according to a survey of corporate directors in Corporate Board Member magazine. It is also the only law firm based in the Mountain West ranked on The American Lawyer’s list of the top 200 law firms in the United States.[…]
- CORPORATE ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – DENVER, CO Holland & Hart has a vibrant corporate, M&A and capital markets practice, and is looking for a mid-level associate to join its team in Denver, Colorado. Successful candidates will ideally have 3-6 years of top tier law firm experience in one or more of the following areas: M&A, securities (including SEC reporting compliance), capital markets and corporate finance, corporate governance, private equity/venture capital financing matters, and/or project development and finance transactions. Candidates need to be team oriented, have strong written and oral communication skills and have excellent professional recommendations. […]
- PART TIME REAL ESTATE ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – DENVER, CO Holland & Hart’s growing Real Estate Group is seeking a part time of counsel attorney to join its Real Estate team in Denver. Successful candidates will have 2-5 years of relevant transactional real estate experience at a top firm, be team oriented with strong written and oral communication skills and have professional recommendations. Prior work experience with purchase and sale agreements, real estate finance agreements, leasing, easements and rights of way is a plus.[…]
- STAFF ATTORNEY – UNITED STATES SENATE – OFFICE OF THE LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL – WASHINGTON, DC The Office of the Legislative Counsel of the United States Senate (SOLC) is responsible for drafting and editing nearly all legislation considered by the Senate. The SOLC is a nonpartisan and nonpolitical office of the Senate, comprised of approximately 35 attorneys who serve all Members, committees, and staff of the Senate. A Staff Attorney in the Office works as part of a team of 5 to 7 other attorneys who specialize in various areas of Federal law, with assistance and mentoring provided by a more senior attorney. The position of Staff Attorney is full-time, with substantial evening and weekend overtime occasionally required to serve the needs of the Senate.
- DIRECTOR, INDEPENDENT OFFICE OF LAW ENFORCEMENT REVIEW AND OUTREACH – THE COUNTY OF SONOMA – SANTA ROSA, CA Following recommendations receive by the Community and Local Law Enforcement Task Force, the County of Sonoma Board of Supervisors has established the Independent Office of Law Enforcement Review and Outreach, and is seeking an experienced professional to establish the office and its operations.The incoming Director must be someone who inspires trust by acting with integrity, has an interest in understanding and embracing the “culture” of Sonoma County, and will conduct comprehensive outreach in the community alongside members of the former Task Force[…]
- SENIOR COUNSEL, ENVIRONMENTAL – EVERSOURCE – BOSTON, MA This Senior Counsel position reports to an Associate General Counsel in the Legal Department, would be responsible for representing Eversource and providing legal and strategic advice and counseling to Eversource on environmental legal and strategic issues, stewardship and sustainability issues, and regulatory compliance.Qualifications: Experienced attorney with a Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school and a minimum of ten years’ relevant legal experience in a law firm, corporate law department or comparable setting is required. […]
- COUNSEL – CORPORATE GOVERNANCE & SECURITIES – MERRILLVILLE, IN Description: •Reports to Vice President and Corporate Secretary, but also provides legal support and guidance on behalf of the Corporate Secretary’s Office. • Located in Merrillville, IN • Provides legal support for the Corporate Secretary’s Office. • Applies legal knowledge to business issues, while developing subject matter expertise and knowledge of the company/industry. […]
- ASSISTANT FEDERAL DEFENDER – EASTERN DISTRICT OF MISSOURI – SAINT LOUIS, MI The Office of the Federal Defender for the Eastern District of Missouri has an opening for an Assistant Federal Defender. The office operates under authority of the Criminal Justice Act, 18 U.S.C. § 3006A, to provide services of the highest quality to indigent persons in federal criminal cases. The main office is located in Saint Louis, Missouri with a branch office in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.This position will be stationed in the Cape Girardeau, Missouri office. Applicant must have the ability to immediately undertake the defense of major criminal cases in the United States District Court, as well as in the Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. Applicant must be a graduate of an accredited law school and an active member in good standing of the bar in any state, territory or possession. Applicant must have substantial criminal trial experience, excellent research and writing skills and oral advocacy skills.[…]
- AGENCY ATTORNEY I – III – MTA NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT – BROOKLYN, NY The Mission of the New York City Transit Department of Law is to provide effective legal representation in both litigation and transactional matters, as well as to furnish appropriate in-house counsel to our clients.The Agency Attorney will be responsible for preparing cases for trial, developing trial strategies, reviewing expert and medical reports, obtaining subpoena records, analyzing legal and factual issues, and developing direct cross examination questions, trial motions, charges etc. In addition, the Agency Attorney will prepare pleadings, answer motions, and respond to discovery requests and memoranda of law. The Agency Attorney will also be required to attend court conferences, arguments, motions, etc., try Supreme and Civil Court cases, conduct EBTs expert and witness interview, on-site inspections, and negotiate settlements of pending cases.[…]
- EXECUTIVE AGENCY COUNSEL – TORTS – MTA NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT – BROOKLYN, NY The Mission of the New York City Transit Department of Law is to provide effective legal representation in both litigation and transactional matters, as well as to furnish appropriate in-house counsel to our clients.The Executive Agency Counsel (non-manager) will report to the Borough Chief of the Law Department’s Division of Torts. The position is responsible for representing the NYC Transit Authority and affiliated agencies in high-exposure personal injury suits. The ideal candidate will be expected to have significant Supreme Court trial experience, preferably in the defense or prosecution of personal injury suits. Counsel will also be responsible for managing his/her case load from the pleading to the post-verdict stage, including handling motions, attending conferences, complying with discovery and conducting trials.[…]
- ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR – U.S. SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION – OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS – WASHINGTON, DC The mission of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. The Office of International Affairs promotes cross-border enforcement and supervisory cooperation and technical assistance in the development of high regulatory standards and principles worldwide. OIA plays a key role in the implementation of the SEC’s international enforcement and regulatory initiatives.Duties include directing the agency’s engagement with multilateral organizations involved in international financial regulatory issues such as the International Organization of Securities Commissions and the Financial Stability Board, overseeing the Commission’s bilateral engagements with its international counterparts on cross-border regulatory issues[…]
- DEPUTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY I – COUNTY OF SONOMA DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE – SANTA ROSA, CA The County of Sonoma District Attorney’s Office is seeking dedicated individuals to fill three full-time Deputy District Attorney I vacancies.The Deputy District Attorney I is the entry-level class in the Deputy District Attorney series. Incumbents work under the close supervision and guidance of a higher level deputy and a Chief Deputy District Attorney on assignments, involving the preparation and presentation of criminal cases before the court. After completing an orientation and training period, a Deputy District Attorney I is expected to handle all phases of misdemeanor criminal trial practice, appellate, or civil practice, requiring the application of greater skills, knowledge and ability in the law with less supervision as experience is gained. Individuals newly hired or reinstated into this class shall serve a probation period of one year.
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – JUDICIAL COUNCIL OF CALIFORNIA – SAN FRANCISCO, CA The Habeas Corpus Resource Center is seeking a dynamic expert in the practice of criminal law to join its executive leadership team in serving the largest judicial system in the United States.The Habeas Corpus Resource Center (HCRC) provides counsel to represent indigent men and women under sentence of death in California. The HCRC currently employs approximately 80 individuals comprised of attorneys, investigators, paralegals, and other support staff. The HCRC’s mission is to provide timely, high-quality legal representation for indigent petitioners in death penalty habeas corpus proceedings before the Supreme Court of California and the federal courts, to recruit and train attorneys to expand the pool of private counsel qualified to accept appointments in death penalty habeas corpus proceedings, and to serve as a resource to appointed counsel, thereby reducing the number of unrepresented indigents on California’s death row.
- SENIOR STAFF ATTORNEY – AMERICAN CIVIL LIBERTIES UNION OF TEXAS- HOUSTON, TX The American Civil Liberties Union of Texas, an affiliate of the National ACLU, seeks a Senior Staff Attorney, based in Houston, Texas. The ACLU works to defend and expand the individual liberties guaranteed by the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and civil rights laws. The ACLU legal team litigates a range of constitutional cases, including free speech, freedom of religion, lesbian, gay and transgender rights, reproductive freedom, criminal justice, immigrants’ rights, and privacy rights.[…]
- ATTORNEY – NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH – BETHESDA, MD The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of the General Counsel, Public Health Division, National Institutes of Health Branch in Bethesda, Maryland, is seeking a highly qualified attorney with two or more years’ legal experience to join our staff in providing in-house counsel to the National Institutes of Health. The NIH Branch attorneys provide comprehensive legal advice and services to NIH on a wide array of highly visible, complex, and often precedential public health matters. This position, which offers a broad range of experience, significant responsibility and intellectually engaging work, requires creative legal thinking and strong communication skills. […]
- GENERAL COUNSEL – PARTNERS IN HEALTH – BOSTON, MA Partners In Health (PIH) is a non-profit organization based in Boston, MA, whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through service delivery, training, advocacy and research, PIH works globally to bring the benefits of modern science to those most in need and to serve as an antidote to despair. PIH has programs in Haiti, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Africa, and Boston.The General Counsel will be responsible for ensuring legal compliance globally for Partners In Health across a wide range of areas including corporate structure, corporate registration and filings, employment issues, tax matters, and contract reviews/adherence. […]
- LAW CENTER DEAN – LOUSIANA STATE UNIVERSITY – BATON ROUGE, LA Louisiana State University (LSU) invites nominations and applications for the position of Dean of the Paul M. Hebert Law Center. The Dean provides administrative oversight for all aspects of academic life within the center, including strategic planning, fiscal management, personnel development, academic programs, research enterprises and student enrollment. The Dean also has primary responsibilities for external initiatives that include community outreach and development. The Dean will report to the Executive Vice President and Provost and serve as the chief academic and administrative officer for the Paul M. Hebert Law Center.[…]
- ASSOCIATE – KELLEY DRYE & WARREN LLP – BANKRUPTCY & RESTRUCTURING DEPARTMENT – NEW YORK, NY The Bankruptcy and Restructuring Department in the New York office of Kelley Drye & Warren LLP is seeking an associate with 3-6 years of bankruptcy experience in a law firm. Qualified candidates will possess experience including substantive court appearances representing creditors’ committees, financial institutions, indenture trustees, bondholders, landlords, suppliers and trading partners in out-of-court restructurings, bankruptcy reorganizations, liquidations and related litigation.
- ATTORNEY-ADVISER – U.S. SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION – OFFICE OF CREDIT RATINGS – WASHINGTON, DC/NEW YORK, NY The mission of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation.The Office of Credit Ratings (OCR) assists the Commission in executing its responsibility for protecting investors, promoting capital formation, and maintaining fair, orderly, and efficient markets through the oversight of credit rating agencies registered with the Commission as “nationally recognized statistical rating organizations” or “NRSROs.”
- COMMERCIAL LITIGATION ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – BOISE, IDHolland & Hart is seeking an associate to join its Boise office. Holland & Hart is the largest law firm based in the Mountain West with more than 470 lawyers in 15 offices. It is also the only law firm based in the Mountain West ranked on The American Lawyer’s list of the top 200 law firms in the United States.Successful candidate will have an excellent academic record, be team oriented with strong written and oral communication skills and have strong professional references. Judicial clerkship experience is a plus, as is top tier law firm experience in complex litigation matters.[…]
- PRODUCTION COUNSEL – NETFLIX – ORIGINAL DOCUMENTARIES AND COMEDIES Netflix seeks an experienced attorney to handle a wide array of responsibilities related to the licensing, development, production, and distribution of Netflix’s original content initiative.The successful candidates will work with the company’s original content team to structure, negotiate and draft agreements necessary to license, develop and/or produce the company’s documentaries, docu-series, sketch comedies, and standup comedy specials, and should be extremely comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts. […]