The HNBA Career Center is the exclusive resource to provide professional services to our national members who seek assistance with their own professional advancement. It is also a way for our partners and sponsors to achieve their recruiting needs from among the best and brightest.
HOW TO POST A JOB TO THE CAREER CENTER
Welcome Employer! You’ve come to the best place to locate qualified candidates for your available positions. The HNBA online Career Center allows you to connect to thousands of members and job seekers, so when candidates think about making a career change, they come here first! Post your jobs today and begin receiving applications from qualified candidates.* *Note that job postings should be submitted in a word document along with the HNBA job posting credit card authorization form included below to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HNBA now offers annual fees for unlimited job postings per year. To see fee schedule for posting jobs please click here.
* Note that your position will remain online for a period of sixty-days. PAYMENT OPTIONS: When you post a job opportunity, you can pay by check or Visa, Mastercard or American Express by contacting our office. If ads are closed at customer’s request before 60-days, fees will not be prorated and no money will be refunded. HNBA Job Posting Credit Card Authorization Form
QUESTIONS? Please call (202) 223-4777 or email email@example.com
U.S. Department of Justice – Nationwide Vacancies
Microsoft – Legal & Corporate Affairs Jobs
USAJOBS – Federal Government Jobs
The National Labor Relation Board (NLRB) – NLRB 2015 Honors Program
Securities and Exchange Commission – Recruitment Center
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency – Office of General Counsel Honors Legal Fellowship Program
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency – Office of General Counsel Summer Honors Law Clerk Program
LATEST JOB POSTINGS
- DIRECTOR OF ADVOCACY – SOUTH COASTAL COUNTIES LEGAL SERVICES (SCCLS) – FALL RIVER, MA
The SCCLS seeks to hire an experienced attorney to shape, direct, and coordinate the advocacy of the organization. Reporting to the Executive Director of SCCLS, the Director of Advocacy will work with the organization’s leadership team, a talented advocacy staff, an engaged statewide advocacy community, and volunteers […]
- ASSOCIATE UNIVERSITY COUNSEL – SEATTLE UNIVERSITY – SEATTLE, WA Under the direction of the Vice President and University Counsel, the Associate University Counsel will provide advice and guidance to the University’s senior leaders, schools and colleges, and administrative areas pertaining to a comprehensive and sophisticated range of legal issues […]
- GENERAL COUNSEL – UNIVERSITY OF UTAH – SALT LAKE CITY, UT The General Counsel will focus on academic and student affairs, employment, University policies and procedures, and public law issues. The General Counsel will be the key advisor on legal and related policy and strategic issues to the colleges, schools, and academic departments across the University […]
- DEPUTY DIRECTOR, JUSTICE PROGRAMS – MAYOR’S OFFICE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE – NEW YORK CITY, NY The Deputy Director for Justice Programs serves as Mayor’s Office of Criminal Justice’s (MOCJ’s) senior level member responsible for developing public safety solutions that reduce unnecessary incarceration, improve behavioral health and promote prevention of crime and reintegration of formerly incarcerated persons […]
- LEGAL FELLOW – AMERICAN IMMIGRATION COUNCIL -WASHINGTON D.C. The Legal Fellow will work with the Legal Director, fellow attorneys, the Council’s policy team, and our legal assistant to pursue legal strategies and advocacy efforts to end family detention, including filing administrative complaints, liaising with government officials and working with the press […]
- SENIOR STAFF ATTORNEY – AMERICAN IMMIGRATION COUNCIL – WASHINGTON D.C. The Senior Staff Attorney will work with the Legal Director, fellow attorneys, the Council’s policy team, and the legal assistant to pursue impact litigation and advocacy efforts on a broad spectrum of issues, which may include the right to counsel, family detention and border enforcement […]
- SUPERVISORY ATTORNEY ADVISER – U.S. SECURITIES EXCHANGE COMMISSION – WASHINGTON D.C. OR NYC This position includes carrying out a wide variety of duties relating to the securities markets, critical market infrastructure, and certain market participants, including rulemaking initiatives and special projects. Duties may include review and anaylsis of rules submitted by self-regulatory organizations […]
- BILINGUAL LITIGATION ASSOCIATE – DORSEY & WHITNEY LLP – COSTA MESA, CA Dorsey & Whitney LLP is seeking a bilingual (English/Spanish) litigation associate with four to five years of experience to join the Trial Department in their Southern California office. The associate will work in all phases of complex business litigation and international arbitration […]
- POLICY COUNSEL/ASSOCIATE – CENTER FOR RESPONSIBLE LENDING (CRL) – WASHINGTON, DC OR DURHAM, NC Attorney/Policy Associate sought to be part of the Center’s Responsible Lending policy advocacy team. The position will focus on policy analysis in the housing area and other consumer lending issues such as student loans and debt collection practices, and craft policies to prevent unfair practices […]
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY COUNSEL – JOHN DEERE – MOLINE, IL This position will manage a docket of trademark infringement cases; assist senior attorneys with a docket of registrations in the US and foreign countries; correspond and coordinate with associates in foreign countries regarding filing of trademark applications abroad; conduct international trademark clearance studies […]
- CHIEF COUNSEL – CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF TOXIC SUBSTANCES CONTROL – SACRAMENTO, CA The Chief Counsel plans, organizes, directs and manages staff activities in the Office of Legal Affairs and serves as a chief legal consultant and advisor to the Director and executive staff. As a member of the executive staff, the Chief Counsel is responsible for identifying issues, formulating policy, and developing strategies to best meet program objectives […]
- SENIOR POLICY ADVISOR – COUNCIL OF STATE GOVERNMENTS JUSTICE CENTER – SEATTLE, WA or NEW YORK, NY This senior position will advise the leadership of the CSG Justice Center on issues involving the administration of criminal justice systems. The position reports to the Division Director, State Initiatives, but will be in regular communication with the CSG Justice Center Executive Director and Deputy Director […]
- DEPUTY GENERAL COUNSEL – HEALTH CARE – RUTGERS UNIVERSITY – NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is currently seeking a seasoned attorney to serve as the chief legal advisor to the senior leadership and be an integral part of planning and inform decision-making at the senior level of Rutgers Biomedical Health Science. Reporting to the Senior Vice President & General Counsel of the University […]
- ASSISTANT FEDERAL PUBLIC DEFENDER – FEDERAL PUBLIC DEFENDER OFFICE – BOSTON, MA The Federal Public Defender Office for the Districts of Massachusetts/New Hampshire/Rhode Island is seeking an experienced trial attorney for its main office located in Boston. This position requires a minimum of several years of trial experience; first-rate analytical and writing skills; and an ability to manage a caseload of serious federal crimes.
- ASSISTANT FEDERAL PUBLIC DEFENDER, APPEALS UNIT – FEDERAL PUBLIC DEFENDER OFFICE – BOSTON, MA The Federal Public Defender Office for the Districts of Massachusetts/New Hampshire/Rhode Island is seeking an experienced attorney for its appellate unit located in Boston. Position requires a minimum of several years of criminal law and appellate experience, and first-rate analytical and writing skills. Position requires a minimum of several years of criminal law and appellate experience, and first-rate analytical and writing skills.
- GENERAL ATTORNEY – U.S. SECURITIES & EXCHANGE COMMISSION – WASHINGTON, D.C. This position addresses complex legal questions involving the oversight and supervision of the U.S. securities markets (e.g. clearing agencies, exchanges and other self-regulatory organizations), securities market participants (e.g. broker dealers and security-based swap dealers), and implications of recent financial modernization legislation, including drafting, interpreting or applying legislation, orders or regulations […]
- TRIAL ATTORNEY – U.S. SECURITIES & EXCHANGE COMMISSION – CHICAGO, IL This position develops, litigates and conducts trials of court cases that present unique legal, evidentiary and policy challenges and present the opportunity to establish legal precedent, and monitors decisions that impact the SEC. Supervises the conduct of cases and makes decisions regarding tactics and strategy […]
- ATTORNEY ADVISER – U.S. SECURITIES & EXCHANGE COMMISSION – WASHINGTON, D.C. This position functions as an in-office resource by conducting scholarly research on questions of law that come before administrative law judge; providing analysis and legal reasoning on factual issues that arise in the securities industry for administrative law judges; focusing on continual review and assessment of legal matters […]
- CORPORATE ATTORNEY – CHUHAK & TECSON PC – CHICAGO, IL Chuhak & Tecson PC, a mid-size law firm locatd in downtown Chicago, has an immediate opening for an experienced Corporate Attorney to expand the scope of the Firm’s corporate and transactional practice group. The ideal candidate will have 10-15 years of experience of broad corporate experience including, but not limited to: small business transactions, contract work, mergers/acquisitions and general business agreements […]
- DEPUTY GENERAL COUNSEL HEALTH SCIENCES (DGC) – UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO – TOLEDO, OH Reporting to the Vice President and General Counsel, Peter Papadimos, the Deputy General Counsel will be responsible for providing legal advice to the University of Toledo on health care matters including the Health Science Colleges of the University, the University of Toledo Medical Center, the physician practice plan and clinics and major affiliates […]
- ASSISTANT GENERAL COUNSEL – OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY – CORVALLIS, OR The Assistant General Counsel (AGC) will join the General Counsel and four other attorneys in an energetic, collaborative, office that provides legal advice to a broad range of University academic and administrative offices and to the University’s Board of Trustees. The General Counsel reports to the President […]
- ATTORNEY-ADVISER – U.S. SECURITIES & EXCHANGE COMMISSION – NEW YORK, NY This position serves as a legal adviser and consultant to the Assistant Director of Legal Operations as well as coordinating actions, managing initiatives, formulating policy and processes alternatives, and identifying strategies to achieve short and long-term objectives, maintaining knowledge of Enforcement Division and regional operations programs and initiatives […]
- TRIAL ATTORNEY – U.S. SECURITIES & EXCHANGE COMMISSION – WASHINGTON, D.C. This position develops, litigates and conducts trials of court cases that present unique legal, evidentiary and policy challenges and present the opportunity to establish legal precedent and monitors decisions that impact SEC; supervises the conduct of cases and makes decisions regarding tactics and strategy to be employed; represents the SEC throughout the course of the litigation […]
- ATTORNEY ADVISER – U.S. SECURITIES & EXCHANGE COMMISSION – WASHINGTON, D.C. This position serves as legal adviser for the SEC OIG in the conduct of audits and investigations involving highly sensitive programs, operations, and Commission actions; develops legal positions and responds to questions on matters of law, procedure, or policy in pending or potential actions from OIG senior managers […]
- TRIAL ATTORNEY – U.S. SECURITIES & EXCHANGE COMMISSION – PHILADELPHIA, PA This position develops, litigates and conducts trials of court cases that present unique legal, evidentiary and policy challenges and present the opportunity to establish legal precedent and monitors decisions that impact SEC; supervises the conduct of cases and makes decisions regarding tactics and strategy to be employed; represents the SEC throughout the course of the litigation […]
- ASSOCIATE REGIONAL DIRECTOR – U.S. SECURITIES & EXCHANGE COMMISSION – DENVER, CO This position will participate with appropriate divisions in the headquarters office in planning and evaluating the overall program of the Region with respect to enforcement matters; investigating and litigating alleged violations of the federal securities laws within the DRO’s jurisdiction; identifying and evaluating the types of practices engaged in, their significance under the laws and regulations administered by the Commission, and determining of appropriate procedures or remedies to be applied […]
- ATTORNEY-ADVISER – U.S. SECURITIES & EXCHANGE COMMISSION – WASHINGTON, D.C. This position will provide expert legal assistance and advice related to the activities of the Office of Municipal Securities, including one or more activities relating to the following: disclosure issues and other issues under the Securities Act of 1993 and the Securities Act of 1934; registration of municipal advisors under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934; oversight of and review of MSRB rulemakings […]
- JUNIOR CORPORATE ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – BOISE, ID Holland & Hart’s corporate transactional group is seeking a junior attorney to join its team in Boise, Idaho. Successful candidates will be recent graduates or have up to three years of experience from a top tier law firm. Holland & Hart is the largest law firm based in the Mountain West with about 500 lawyers in 15 offices, including almost 50 lawyers in Boise […]
- TRADEMARK ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – DENVER OR BOULDER, CO Holland & Hart’s rapidly expanding trademark practice is seeking a junior to mid-level associate, with some trademark experience with a law firm(s), to join our trademark prosecution and enforcement team in our Denver or Boulder office. The successful candidate’s primary focus will be U.S. and international trademark search and clearance, and prosecution, for a group of clients ranging from Fortune 100 and foreign companies, to local start-ups […]
- TRADEMARK ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – SALT LAKE CITY, UT Holland & Hart’s rapidly expanding trademark practice is seeking a junior level associate to join our trademark prosecution and enforcement team in our Salt Lake City office. The successful candidate will handle U.S. and international trademark search and clearance, and prosecution, as well as domain name and trademark enforcement/contentious matters (including matters before the TTAB) for a group of clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to local start-ups […]
- TRADEMARK ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – BOULDER, CO Holland & Hart’s rapidly expanding trademark practice is seeking a junior associate, with some trademark experience with a law firm(s), to join our trademark prosecution and enforcement team in our Boulder office. The successful candidate’s primary focus will be U.S. and international trademark search and clearance, and prosecution, for a group of clients ranging from Fortune 100 and foreign companies, to local start-ups […]
- ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL – METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY OF DENVER – DENVER, CO The Associate General Counsel will provide a wide range of legal services in support of the University, focusing primarily on preventive counsel, risk advice, and transactional legal work in an increasingly complex public environment. The position reports directly to the General Counsel/Secretary to the Board of Trustees of Metropolitan State University of Denver in the Office of the President […]
- ATTORNEY – THE PROJECT ON PREDATORY STUDENT LENDING – LEGAL SERVICES CENTER OF HARVARD LAW SCHOOL – JAMAICA PLAIN, MA Project attorneys will engage in a dynamic and innovative legal practice that includes both direct, individual representation and affirmative impact litigation on behalf of low-income student loan borrowers. Background in the fields of civil rights, consumer protection, and/or administrative law are especially relevant to these positions […]
- RESEARCHER ON CRIMINAL JUSTICE IN THE U.S. – THE UNITED STATES PROGRAM OF HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH – NEW YORK, WASHINGTON D.C., CHICAGO, LOS ANGELES, or SAN FRANCISCO. The United States Program of Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) is seeking a highly qualified Researcher on Criminal Justice to investigate, analyze, and advocate against human rights abuses experienced by persons in the US criminal justice system, including abuses stemming from or linked to racial discrimination, poverty, and inequality […]
- SENIOR LECTURER/LEGAL PRACTICE SKILLS – UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA LAW SCHOOL – PHILADELPHIA, PA Penn Law seeks two Senior Lecturers from diverse practice backgrounds to join the Legal Practice Skills program. Senior Lecturers teach Legal Practice Skills to one section of approximately forty first-year students, assume substantial responsibility for one of the other Legal Practice Skills activities and services […]
- CHAPTER 13 STANDING TRUSTEE – DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE / OFFICE OF U.S. TRUSTEE – WICHITA, KS The United States Trustee seeks resumes from persons wishing to be considered for appointment as a standing trustee to administer cases filed under chapter 13 of the bankruptcy code. The appointment, located in Wichita, Kansas, is for cases filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Kansas […]
- VICE CHANCELLOR & GENERAL COUNSEL – UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL – CHAPEL HILL, NC The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill invites nominations and applications for the position of Vice Chancellor and General Counsel. The General Counsel reports to the Chancellor and is a senior level administrator […]
- MANAGING COUNSEL -TRADEMARK/COPYRIGHT- TOYOTA MOTOR NORTH AMERICA -PLANO, TX The Attorney will be a core member of the Intellectual Property group, which handles intellectual property prosecution, advice, counsel, licensing, and research and development support for the company’s U.S. sales, manufacturing, research, design, and development activities. This position will report to the Assistant General Counsel […]
- SENIOR CORPORATE COUNSEL – HULMAN & COMPANY – INDIANAPOLIS, IN This position provides legal counsel to all companies within the Hulman & Company corporate structure, including the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, INDYCAR, Clabber Girl Corporation, and IMS Productions (“Hulman Companies”). If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SPANISH-FLUENT ENVIRONMENTAL ASSOCIATE – BEVERIDGE & DIAMOND, P.C. – AUSTIN, TX Beveridge & Diamond is seeking a first or second year associate attorney to join their Austin, Texas office to support their growing U.S. and Latin American practice areas. The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong interest in a varied environmental practice and willingness to work on Latin American environmental matters.
- VP OF LEGAL AFFAIRS & GENERAL COUNSEL – NORTHERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY -HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, KY The General Counsel reports to the President and serves as the chief legal officer for the University, providing legal services on a wide range of matters of institutional importance. The General Counsel functions as an integral partner within the President’s executive Team; advises the Board of Regents with respect to its governance […]
- IP TRANSACTIONS ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – BOISE, ID Holland & Hart’s dynamic business transactions group is seeking a junior associate to join its growing team in Boise, Idaho. Holland & Hart is the largest law firm based in the Mountain West with about 500 lawyers in 15 offices, including almost 50 Attorneys in Boise. Holland & Hart is one of the few Denver based law firms ranked on The American Lawyer’s list of 200 law firms in the U.S.
- HEALTH SCIENCES COUNSEL – UC IRVINE HEALTH – ORANGE, CA UC Irvine Health is seeking candidates for the newly created role of Health Sciences Counsel to join its growing in-house legal department. Reporting to the Chief Health Sciences Counsel of UC Irvine Health, the Health Sciences Counsel is responsible for providing a broad range of health care legal services with a strong emphasis on healthcare transactions and regulatory analysis.
- VICE PRESIDENT & SENIOR COUNSEL – MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL INC. – BETHESDA, MD The Vice President & Senior Counsel – Employment provides advice and counsel regarding a wide variety of employment law issues, policies, and programs, acting as a resource to Human Resources and line-managers within the Company’s businesses.
- COUNTY COUNSEL GENERAL ADVISORY ATTORNEY – SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY – SAN BERNARDINO, CA County Counsel Deputies practice in a variety of civil law areas and assignments. Duties include drafting ordinances; preparing contracts; drafting, analyzing and interpreting legislation; researching and writing legal opinions; and advising boards, departments , special districts, school districts and commissions.
- SENIOR STAFF ATTORNEY – AMERICAN IMMIGRATION COUNCIL – WASHINGTON, D.C. The American Immigration Council is a non-profit organization established to increase public understanding of immigration law and policy, advocate for the just and fair administration of our immigration laws, protect the legal rights of non-citizens, and educate the public about the enduring contribution of America’s immigrants.
- ASSISTANT GENERAL COUNSEL – UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH – PITTSBURGH, PA The Assistant General Counsel will report to the Senior Vice Chancellor and Chief Legal Officer. The size, complexity, scope and diversity of the University generates a range of complex, cutting-edge legal issues.
- MID-LEVEL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART, LLP – BOISE, ID The Boise office of Holland & Hart is seeking a mid-level associate for its Employee Benefits group. Holland & Hart is the largest law firm based in the Mountain West with more than 500 lawyers in 15 offices.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY COUNSEL – JOHN DEERE – MOLINE, IL John Deere currently has an opening for an Intellectual Property Counsel in Moline, IL, that will provide intellectual property (“IP”) counsel, recommendations, and alternatives for complex legal questions and issues.
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – NORTH CAROLINA BAR ASSOCIATION – CARY, NC The North Carolina Bar Association (NCBA) is soliciting applications for the position of Executive Director, to succeed Allan Head who is retiring at the end of 2016 after 43 years of exemplary service to the NCBA. READ THE FULL POST
- DEPUTY PUBLIC DEFENDER III/IV -CONTRACT – OFFICE OF THE PUBLIC DEFENDER – SAN BERNARDINO, CA The Office of the Public Defender is recruiting for Contract Deputy Public Defenders III and IV to assist with the full implementation of Proposition 47, the Reduced Penalties for Some Crimes Initiative.
- REGIONAL MANAGER – VERA INSTITUTE OF JUSTICE, CENTER ON IMMIGRATION & JUSTICE – LOS ANGELES, CA Vera’s Center on Immigration and Justice seeks a Regional Manager to work in its Los Angeles office with its Unaccompanied Children Program – a national network that provides legal information and pro bono assistance to unaccompanied children in removal proceedings, both in, and released from, federal custody.
- CORPORATE COUNSEL – MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL INC. – BETHESDA, MD The attorney will report to the Vice President & Assistant General Counsel leading the Global Operations Services legal team. This team is part of the larger Americas Lodging and Global Services practice group that also includes the following legal teams: Americas Lodging; Brand, Marketing and Sales; and Intellectual Property.
- ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL, OFFICE OF GENERAL COUNSEL OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS – FAYETTEVILLE, AR The Office of the General Counsel of the Univeristy of Arkansas is accepting applications from qualified attorneys to serve as Associate General Counsel to advise administrators of the University on legal issues affecting the campuses and units of the University, including transactional matters and litigation representation. This position will be located at the University campus in Fayetteville.
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, CENTER FOR ACADEMIC AND BAR READINESS – UNIVERSITY OF LA VERNE – LA VERNE, CA This is a contract faculty position. This is not a tenure or tenure-track position. This position has a series of presumptively renewable contract of varying lengths. The person employed in this position will teach academic and bar readiness courses with the possibility of teaching doctrinal courses. This is a 12-month position.[…]
- DEAN, CUNY SCHOOL OF LAW – LONG ISLAND CITY, NY The City University of New York (CUNY) seeks an engaged and innovative leader for the position of Dean of its School of Law. Reporting to the Chancellor, the Dean will have an extraordinary opportunity to lead a school that is a national and international leader in experiential legal education and recognized as one of the premier public interest law schools in the nation.[…]
- ASSISTANT GENERAL COUNSEL, COMMERCIAL CLAIMS – NATIONWIDE – DENVER, CO Provides expert commercial casualty and workers compensation legal advice to the Western Claims Zone. The position is located in Denver, but supports California, Oregon, Nevada, Washington, and Idaho. Performs complex legal assignments without supervision. Works closely with senior management to evaluate the legal impact of various claims handling decisions and corporate or department strategies.[…]
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS CONTRACT ATTORNEY – STEPTOE & JOHNSON LLP – WASHINGTON, DC Steptoe is seeking a contract attorney to start immediately in the Telecom, Internet & Media practice. Duties include document review, binder making, bluebooking and cite checking, legal and market research, drafting, etc. Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and DC Bar membership (or eligibility to waive into the DC Bar) required.[…]
- MID-LEVEL TELECOM ASSOCIATE – STEPTOE & JOHNSON LLP – WASHINGTON, DC The Washington, D.C. office of Steptoe & Johnson LLP is seeking a mid- or senior-level regulatory associate to join its Telecom, Internet, and Media practice. Candidates with a combination of experience with FCC matters, copyright licensing, and dealing with performance rights organizations preferred.[…]
- FEDERAL INCOME TAX ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – DENVER, CO The Denver office of Holland & Hart is seeking a tax associate with 4+ years of solid Federal Income Tax experience. Holland & Hart is the largest law firm based in the Mountain West with more than 500 lawyers in 15 offices. It is also the only law firm based in the Mountain West ranked on The American Lawyer’s list of the top 200 law firms in the United States […]
- IP TRANSACTIONS ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – DENVER, CO Searching for a junior IP transactional rock star. Come join our vibrant, growing team in Denver doing dynamic IP transactional work at the dominant firm in the Mountain West. This position involves structuring, drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of sophisticated and complex agreements related to IP, technology and other commercial matters, including sponsorship and marketing agreements […]
- EE PATENT ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – DENVER, BOULDER, OR BOISE, CO Holland & Hart is looking to bring in exceptional EE patent attorneys with 1-4 years of experience, for our dynamic, growing electronics and computer patent practice. We represent some of the largest and most innovative technology companies in the world, and have a unique, collaborative environment focused on excellence, teamwork, and work/life balance […]
- LITIGATION ASSOCIATE – JACKSON LEWIS P.C. – WASHINGTON, DC Jackson Lewis P.C. is a nationwide law firm dedicated to representing management exclusively in workplace law and related litigation. With 55+ offices and over 800 attorneys, Jackson Lewis is seeking a Litigation Associate for the DC Region office. Duties and Responsibilities include: ability to independently produce a consistent quality work product; Defense of agency charges of discrimination, lawsuits involving a broad range of employment-related claims […]
- VISITING PROFESSOR – UNIVERSITY OF THE PACIFIC, MCGEORGE SCHOOL OF LAW – STOCKTON, CA University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law (McGeorge) invites applications from exceptional candidates for a visiting position for the fall and spring terms of the 2016-17 academic year – and possibly for a 2-year term. Specifically, we are looking for a visiting professor with a specialization in Civil Procedure. Important secondary needs include Evidence, Professional Responsibility, Constitutional Law, Torts, Wills and Trusts, and Community Property. […]
- ASSISTANT CHIEF COUNSEL FOR LEGISLATION, REGULATIONS, AND GENERAL LAW – FEDERAL HIGHWAY ADMINISTRATION – WASHINGTON, DC The Assistant Chief Counsel for the Legislation, Regulations, and General Law Division is responsible for all legislation, regulations, appropriations, and general law matters concerning the $40 billion Federal–aid highway program and the $1 billion Federal Lands Highway program.[…]
- GENERAL ATTORNEY (SENIOR DISPUTE RESOLUTION SPECIALIST) – THE FEDERAL LABOR RELATIONS AUTHORITY – WASHINGTON, DC The Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA) is an independent administrative federal agency created by Title VII of the Civil Service Reform Act of 1978 (also known as the Federal Service Labor-Management Relations Statute) (the Statute), 5 U.S.C. §§ 7101-7135. The Statute allows certain non-postal federal employees to organize, bargain collectively, and participate through labor organizations of their choice in decisions that affect their working lives.[…]
- TRADEMARK ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – DENVER OR BOULDER, CO Holland & Hart’s rapidly expanding trademark practice is seeking a junior to mid-level associate, with some trademark experience with a law firm(s), to join our trademark prosecution and enforcement team in our Denver or Boulder office. The successful candidate’s primary focus will be US and international trademark search and clearance, and prosecution, for a group of clients ranging from Fortune 100 and foreign companies, to local start-ups.
- DEAN, COLLEGE OF LAW, NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY, DEKALB, IL Northern Illinois University College of Law seeks a dynamic academic leader with a deep knowledge of and commitment to legal education for the position of Dean of NIU Law. Located just over an hour from the city of Chicago, NIU College of Law is a vibrant school focused on the student experience. Offering a full complement of courses of study, extensive experiential learning opportunities, certificate programs, co-curricular experiences and a devotion to diversity and the public interest[…]
- LEGAL DIRECTOR – SMA AMERICA – ROCKLIN, CA SMA America is seeking a Legal Director & Head of Legal Services Americas (“Legal Director”) to provide legal support and senior management to all of the Group’s legal entities in the Americas, and later also Australia. The Legal Director will advise on all corporate matters, lead contract management and commercial project management resources, supervise compliance and oversee outside counsel.[…]
- ASSISTANT FEDERAL PUBLIC DEFENDER – FEDERAL PUBLIC DEFENDER OFFICE FOR DISTRICT OF MA/NH/RI – CONCORD, NH Federal Public Defender Office for the District of Massachusetts/New Hampshire/Rhode Island is seeking an experienced trial attorney for its office located in Concord, NH. This position requires a minimum of several years trial or equivalent experience; first-rate analytical and writing skills; and an ability to manage a caseload of serious federal crimes. […]
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – AMERICAN IMMIGRATION COUNCIL – WASHINGTON, DC The American Immigration Council is seeking a dynamic and innovative leader to build on its exceptional record of increasing public understanding of immigration law and policy with an emphasis on advancing fundamental fairness and due process in our immigration system, as well as emphasizing the value of immigration to American society.[…]
- MID-LEVEL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS ATTORNEY – HOLLAND AND HART – BOISE, ID Successful candidates will have an energetic personality, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. Excellent legal research and writing skills are required. Preferred candidates will possess a strong academic background and 3+ years of experience in employee benefits (tax and ERISA).[…]
- JUNIOR-LEVEL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS ATTORNEY – HOLLAND AND HART – DENVER, CO Successful candidates will have an energetic personality, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. Excellent legal research and writing skills are required. Preferred candidates will possess a strong academic background and 2-3 years of experience in employee benefits (tax and ERISA).
- ATTORNEY-ADVISOR – CONSUMER FINANCIAL PROTECTION BUREAU, OFFICE OF SUPERVISION POLICY – WASHINGTON, DC The Consumer Protection Financial Bureau (CFPB) is seeking an Attorney-Advisor (General) to join its Office of Supervision Policy (OSP). The CFPB is a federal agency that helps consumer finance markets work by making rules more effective, by consistently and fairly enforcing those rules, and by empowering consumers to take more control over their economic lives.
- STAFF ATTORNEY – THE AMERICAN CIVIL LIBERTIES UNION OF NORTH CAROLINA – RALEIGH, NC The American Civil Liberties Union of North Carolina (ACLU-NC) seeks a dynamic, passionate, attorney to join a dedicated team and help expand our civil liberties legal program. Founded in 1965, the ACLU-NC is a leader in the advancement of civil rights and civil liberties and continues to thrive in an increasingly divisive political climate.[…]
- MANAGING COUNSEL, LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT – TOYOTA MOTOR SALES – PLANO, TX Explore taking your career further with one of the world’s most respected brands and one of the top automotive companies in North America! Toyota is growing and leading the way through innovations designed to enhance lives through forward-thinking mobility solutions. We are looking for diverse, highly-motivated team members who want to come grow and lead the change with us.[…]
- DEAN – SCHOOL OF LAW, UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO BOULDER – BOULDER, CO The University of Colorado Boulder invites nominations and applications for the Dean of the School of Law. The Dean reports to the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost and is the chief academic and administrative officer of Colorado Law. The University of Colorado School of Law occupies a distinct position among American law schools. Colorado Law’s greatest strength is its ability to spark independent thinking while simultaneously fostering a sense of public mindedness, community and interdisciplinary outreach. […]
- RESEARCHER ON CRIMINAL JUSTICE – HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH, US PROGRAM – NY, DC, CHICAGO, LOS ANGELES, OR SAN FRANCISCO The US Program of Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) is seeking a highly qualified Researcher on Criminal Justice to investigate, analyze, and advocate against human rights abuses experienced by persons in the US criminal justice system through the media and directly with policymakers. The role of the Researcher may include documenting and advocating against racial injustice in policing; abusive prosecutorial policies; excessively harsh sentencing and post-conviction collateral consequences;[…]
- SENIOR ATTORNEY – JOHN DEERE – MOLINE, IL As a Senior Attorney for John Deere in Moline, IL, you will deliver advice to clients on matters of substantial magnitude in several areas requiring broad knowledge, but particularly as it relates to Export Controls, Logistics, Transportation, Anti-Boycott, Import, and Customs.
- VICE PRESIDENT & SENIOR COUNSEL – MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL LAW DEPARTMENT – BETHESDA, MD Marriott International, Inc., named by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best companies to Work for in America”, has an immediate opportunity for a Vice President & Senior Counsel position at its corporate headquarters. The Marriott International Law Department, located at the Company’s worldwide corporate headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, services the Company’s lodging business.
- DEPUTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY I – SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY – SAN BERNARDINO, CA The Office of the District Attorney offers an exciting opportunity for a challenging career in criminal trial work. Deputy District Attorneys I prepare and present cases before all courts within the County upon completion of an extensive training program designed to develop trial skills.
- SENIOR CORPORATE COUNSEL, REGULATORY – TARGET – MINNEAPOLIS, MN Target is seeking an energetic, collaborative and self-motivated attorney with at least five years of legal experience to serve as Senior Corporate Counsel. This attorney will have responsibility for independently managing litigation matters as well as providing legal support for internal investigations throughout the company, including conducting and overseeing investigations in appropriate cases.
- DEAN, STURM COLLEGE OF LAW – UNIVERSITY OF DENVER – DENVER, CO The University of Denver seeks nominations and applications for the position of Dean of the Sturm College of Law. Founded in 1864, the University of Denver (known as DU) is the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region. It has become one of the West’s premier private universities, recognized for its commitment to the public good, and for its track record of training thoughtful and creative leaders for the professions, public service, and entrepreneurship. […]
- DIRECTOR OF DIVERSITY/ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF LAW IN RESIDENCE – UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA – TUSCALOOSA, AL The University of Alabama School of Law is seeking a qualified individual to serve as Director of Diversity and Inclusion and Assistant Professor of Law in Residence. The successful candidate will have experience in an educational or other professional setting, and/or an interest and aptitude for, addressing matters of diversity and inclusion. In addition, the successful candidate will have demonstrated the academic and professional excellence anticipated of the members of a top law school’s faculty.[…]
- ATTORNEY-ADVISOR – FARM CREDIT ADMINISTRATION – MCLEAN, VA The Farm Credit Administration (FCA) is a small, vibrant, independent Federal agency located in McLean, Virginia that regulates and examines the Farm Credit System (FCS), an over $200+ billion nationwide network of over 80+ financial institutions providing credit and related services to farmers, ranchers, agribusinesses, and agricultural and rural cooperatives. As Attorney-Advisor, you will be responsible for providing legal and advisory services to the Agency on a range of administrative law, banking law, statutory, regulatory and legislative matters[…]
- CORPORATE ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – BOISE, ID Holland & Hart’s growing Corporate group is seeking a junior associate to join its team in Boise, Idaho. Successful candidates will ideally have 1-3 years of top tier law firm experience from a national firm in one or more of the following areas: mergers & acquisitions, venture capital/emerging growth, private equity, securities, and corporate governance matters.[…]
- LEGISLATIVE ANALYST – LIBRARY OF CONGRESS – WASHINGTON, DC The Congressional Research Service (CRS) Office of Congressional Information and Publishing (CIP) is seeking a Legislative Analyst to join its Legislative Analysis and Information Section (LAIS). The Office of Congressional Information and Publishing is the organization within CRS and the Library of Congress that is mandated to produce legislative information for the United States Congress.[…]
- ASSISTANT MANAGER, DEPARTMENT HEARINGS & INVESTIGATIONS – MTA METRO-NORTH RAILROAD – MANHATTAN, NY MTA Metro-North Railroad is a dynamic organization, operating out of the jewel of New York City, Grand CentralTerminal. We provide service to over 82 million customers annually, traveling in and out of New York and Connecticut. A subsidiary of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Metro-North Railroad is the busiest commuter railroad in the nation. MTA Metro-North Railroad strives to provide a safe commute, great service to its customers and rewarding opportunities to its employees.
- CORPORATE COUNSEL, TRANSACTIONS – TARGET – MINNEAPOLIS, MN Target is seeking a collaborative and self-motivated attorney with two to five years of legal experience to serve as Corporate Counsel. This attorney will provide transactional support, legal advice, and strategic direction to Target on a wide variety of matters in support of Target’s strategies and operations.
- FEDERAL INCOME TAX ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – DENVER, CO The Denver office of Holland & Hart is seeking a tax associate with 4+ years of solid Federal Income Tax experience. Holland & Hart is the largest law firm based in the Mountain West with more than 500 lawyers in 15 offices. It is also the only law firm based in the Mountain West ranked on The American Lawyer’s list of the top 200 law firms in the United States.[…]
- ERISA ASSOCIATE – STEPTOE & JOHNSON – WASHINGTON, DC Steptoe, an AmLaw 100 firm, seeks a highly qualified attorney with 3+ years of significant plan counseling and litigation experience to join our ERISA, Labor & Employment practice in the DC office. ERISA expertise essential. Outstanding academic, organizational, interpersonal, and research and writing skills required.[…]
- CORPORATE ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – LAS VEGAS, NV Holland & Hart’s growing Corporate group is seeking a junior or mid-level associate to join its team in Las Vegas, Nevada. Holland & Hart is the largest law firm based in the Mountain West, with approximately 500 lawyers in 15 offices, including over 60 attorneys across three offices in Nevada. It is also the only law firm based in the Mountain West ranked on The American Lawyer’s list of the top 200 law firms in the US. […]
- EMPLOYMENT & LABOR LAW COUNSEL – AMERICAN WATER – VOORHEES, NJ Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. […]
- CORPORATE ASSOCIATE OR COUNSEL – THOMPSON COBURN LLP – CHICAGO, IL Thompson Coburn is seeking an Associate/Counsel with three or more years of corporate transactional experience to join the corporate practice. Candidates must have strong academic achievement, excellent analytical and writing skills, strong interpersonal skills, a willingness to work hard and the ability to function independently and within a team and with clients.
- TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST – STEPTOE & JOHNSON – PALO ALTO, CA Steptoe, an AmLaw 100 firm, seeks a Technology Specialist to join our IP group in the Palo Alto office. Duties include: supporting the identification, protection and management of corporate intellectual property; providing assistance in analyzing and drafting patent applications, disclosure documents and opinions; supporting patent prosecution and alternative IP protection strategies; patent searching, patent analysis, re-examination and consolidating technical information for review and analysis by counsel […]
- COMMERCIAL LITIGATION ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – LAS VEGAS, NV The Las Vegas office of Holland & Hart is seeking a litigation associate with 2 years of solid commercial litigation experience. Holland & Hart is the largest law firm based in the Mountain West with more than 500 lawyers in 15 offices. It is also the only law firm based in the Mountain West ranked on The American Lawyer’s list of the top 200 law firms in the United States. Successful candidates will have an energetic personality, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. […]
- SENIOR COUNSEL – NETFLIX – ORIGINAL SERIES – BEVERLY HILLS, CA Netflix seeks an experienced attorney to handle a wide array of responsibilities related to the licensing, development, production, and distribution of Netflix’s original content initiative. The successful candidate will work with the company’s original content team to structure, negotiate and draft agreements primarily to license original series from a variety of studio and production partners and should be extremely comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts.[…]
- ENTRY-LEVEL FIDUCIARY SOLUTIONS ATTORNEY – HOLLAND & HART – DENVER The Denver office of Holland & Hart is seeking an entry-level associate to join its Fiduciary Solutions group. Holland & Hart is the largest law firm based in the Mountain West with more than 500 lawyers in 15 offices. It is also the only law firm based in the Mountain West ranked on The American Lawyer’s list of the top 200 law firms in the United States. Successful candidates will have an energetic personality, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. […]
- MID-LEVEL TELECOM ASSOCIATE -STEPTOE & JOHNSON – WASHINGTON, DC The Washington, D.C. office of Steptoe & Johnson LLP is seeking a mid- or senior-level regulatory associate to join its Telecom, Internet, and Media practice. Candidates with a combination of experience with FCC matters, copyright licensing, and dealing with performance rights organizations preferred. Steptoe’s dynamic client base includes leading innovators in the fields of satellite communications, wireless networks, Internet services, and electronic privacy and security.
- PRIVATE ASSOCIATE OR COUNSEL – THOMPSON COBURN LLP – LOS ANGELES, CA Thompson Coburn is seeking a Private Client Associate or Counsel. Preferred candidates will have experience in drafting estate planning documents and handling post mortem trust administration and probate. A tax background or knowledge in the area is beneficial. Candidates must have exceptional academic achievement, excellent analytical and writing skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to function independently and within a team.
- IP ASSOCIATE – THOMPSON COBURN LLP – CHICAGO, IL OR SAINT LOUIS, MO Thompson Coburn is seeking an Intellectual Property Associate with 2-6 years of experience in patent prosecution. Applicants must have a background in electrical engineering or computer science as well as exceptional academic achievement and strong writing skills, and must be licensed to practice before the USPTO. The ideal candidate will have experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications addressing computer software and hardware technology and must be open to supporting litigation. Some litigation experience is a plus.
- FINANCE ASSOCIATE – THOMPSON COBURN LLP – LOS ANGELES, CA Thompson Coburn is seeking an Associate/Counsel to join the finance practice to service our banking and corporate clients. Candidates do not need to have finance experience, but must be committed to learning the practice and continuing in this practice area. Candidates must have strong academic achievement, excellent analytical and writing skills, strong interpersonal skills, a willingness to work hard and the ability to function independently and within a team.