HOW YOU CAN HELP
Please join our colleagues and friends who are lending their support to the victims, relief workers, and all those affected by this terrible natural disaster.
- CNN and Public Good partnered to put together this Resource to donate to six organizations American Red Cross, Global Giving Foundation, Save the Children, Direct Relief, Americares and Airlink. You can donate to their efforts here.
- World Central Kitchen (WCK): Founded by chef José Andrés, WCK’s Relief Team is in New Orleans and immediately following the storm’s passing, began preparing hot, fresh meals along with sandwiches and fruit for first responders and families impacted. You can donate to their organization here.
- Mutual Aid Disaster Relief: Mutual Aid Disaster Relief is a grassroots disaster relief network based on the principles of solidarity, mutual aid, and autonomous direct action.The organization is looking for people who want to volunteer to help those in need, as well as providing supplies and help.
People who are interested in volunteering can fill out this form.
Those in need of medical help, food or other assistance can fill out this form.
- United Way of Southeast Louisiana
- The Greater New Orleans Foundation (GNOF)
- NOLA Ready: Part of the city of New Orleans’ emergency response, NOLA Ready is looking for volunteers to assist in sorting and distributing resources, navigation, supporting non-profit organizations among other duties.
- Imagine Water Works: Led by Native, Creole, queer and trans community members in New Orleans, Imagine Water Works has a guide to staying safe with COVID-19 and hurricanes, as well as assisting those in the LGBTQ community. You can donate to their organization here.
If you or your loved ones live in an area impacted by Hurricane Ida and need assistance, please read below for a list of resources available to you.
Donation Resources for Alabama/Mississippi
We encourage you to check with your region, affiliate and/or local organizations for hurricane relief efforts as well.
If you have any events you would like posted here, please e-mail Erika Lopez-Tello at firstname.lastname@example.org.