International Law Section
HNBA INTERNATIONAL LAW SECTION
The HNBA International Law Section serves HNBA members and the profession by furthering the development and improvement of public and private international law and educating HNBA members with international practice interests on relevant legal developments in order to help them serve their clients competently, efficiently and professionally.
The International Law Section is empowered and expected to:
- Promote knowledge-sharing and networking among interested HNBA members and stakeholders in the international legal arena, including academics, government officials, in-house counsel at multinational corporations, and officials of international bodies such as the Organization of American States, the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, and similar institutions.
- Monitor international developments as they affect the rule of law, human rights and the judiciary and lawyers abroad, in order to bring information and proposals to the HNBA Board of Governors for action when necessary and appropriate.
- Promote the exchange of best practices in counseling international business on legal compliance and corporate social responsibility.
- Promote collaboration with the leaders of international bar associations and those throughout Spain, Portugal and Latin America.
- Offer programs on international legal topics using an integrated comparative law approach (i.e., trade regulation, public international law, international human rights, managing a global workforce, corporate, tax, labor and protection of intellectual property rights).