2020 Week of Action
Join the HNBA in advancing its advocacy priorities!
In fulfillment of our mission to advocate on issues that affect the Latino community, the HNBA hosts Advocacy Day in Washington, DC, each year. This year, due to the COVID-19 crisis, we are adjusting our strategy to maximize effectiveness. Next week, starting on Monday, May 4, members of the HNBA Executive Committee and other Senior Leadership will meet with congressional leaders and staff over the phone and on video, and we are asking every HNBA member and ally to join us in urging Congress to take quick action on the following legislative issues:
- Providing Emergency COVID-19 Relief for Immigrant Families
- Reforming Immigration, Detention & Enforcement Policies (see 2020 Resolution)
- Restoring Voting Rights Protections for Latino Voters (see 2020 Resolution)
- Aid for Small Businesses, College Students & Law Students Impacted by COVID-19
- Assistance for Puerto Rico’s Ongoing Economic & Humanitarian Crises
If you have a few minutes to spare next week to contact your own elected representatives (whether by phone, email or social media), please fill out the form linked HERE to sign up. Participants will receive guidance on how to contact the offices of their Representatives and Senators, including talking points and sample social media content.