The Latina Executive Leadership Program is an exciting initiative of the HNBA’s Commission on Latinas in the Profession. This nine month high level leadership program is geared towards Latina lawyers who have been in the profession for more than 10 years and are high potential. For this year’s program we will only be accepting applicants who are in a law firm or corporate legal departments. The curriculum for this program will focus on executive legal management, soft skills leadership training and executive coaching. Through monthly interactive group presentations and individual coaching, attendees will leave with skills to effectively manage legal teams, capitalize on opportunities for advancement, and navigate barriers to authentic leadership.
- Latina Lawyers who have been in practice more than 10 years.
- Currently, we are only accepting applications from women in law firms or corporate legal departments.
- 2 E-letters of Recommendation in support of your application are required. One of the letters must be from an organizational sponsor where you currently work. All letters of recommendation are confidential and must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interested lawyers must apply for admission to the program and only those admitted to the program will be eligible to participate.
- Accepted applicants are required to participate in all segments of the program as outlined in the timeline and schedule below.
- Only complete application packets will be considered.
- Information provided in the application is confidential.
- Accepted applicants will be required to pay a $500 program fee.**
- There is no on-site application or registration process.
**Registration fees that are collected are used to offset the costs of programing.
- Applications due August 20, 2021 by COB (PST).
- Applicants admitted to the program will be notified by August 27, 2021.
- The first nine months of the Executive Leadership Program will take place virtually and includes monthly group training sessions and individual executive coaching.
- The Executive Leadership Program will conclude with an in-person full day program and closing ceremony during the HNBA’s Corporate Counsel Conference in March 2022. (Participants are responsible for their travel arrangements and costs).
Thursday, September 16, 2021 (5pm to 8pm EST)
Virtual Welcome Reception
Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Learning Session 1– The Executive Leader Mindset/The Latina Cultural Script
Executive Coaching Mastermind #1
November 19, 2021
Learning Session 2- Executive Presence/Thinking and Acting Strategically
Executive Coaching Mastermind #2
January 21, 2022
Learning Session 3- Emotional Intelligence/Inclusive Decision-Making
Executive Coaching Mastermind #3
March 18, 2022
Learning Session 4- The Manager’s Toolkit/Strategic Business Relationships
Executive Coaching Mastermind #4
May 20, 2022
Closing Session- Summary of Learning and Graduation Ceremony
Please contact HNBA Latina Commission Co-Chairs, Norma Garcia and Grissel Seijo, at email@example.com.