For Attorneys Practicing 10 Years Or Less
The Latina Leadership Academy (Academy) offers relevant professional development and leadership training aimed at Latina lawyers who have been in the profession 10 years or less. The Academy’s curriculum builds off the successful programs on Grit and Growth Mindset and delves into concepts of executive presence, cultivating leadership skills, and what it means to be authentic in organizations where Latinas remain underrepresented at all levels. In addition, 2021 Leadership Academy attendees will gain insights into the importance of mindfulness and resilience in their daily lives and how mindful practice will increase opportunities for advancement in the workplace. Through interactive presentations, attendees will leave with skills to manage difficult conversations, create opportunities for growth and development, and to effectively navigate stereotypes that create barriers for advancement. Participants will also have the opportunity to participate in a highly discounted executive coaching program for an additional 6 months after completion of the Academy.
Must be active member of HNBA to submit an application. If not, please sign up as a member HERE.
- Latina Lawyers who have been in practice 10 years or less.
- Law students are not eligible for this program.
- Interested lawyers must apply for admission to the Academy.
- Applicants from all areas of the profession are encouraged to apply.
- Only completed application will be considered.
- Information provided in the application is confidential.
- Only those admitted to the program will be eligible to participate.
- There is no on-site application or registration process.
- Participants are responsible for their travel arrangements and costs.
- Commissioners who currently serve on the HNBA’s Latina Commission are not eligible.
For Attorneys Practicing 10 Years Or Less:
- Applications due August 31, 2021 by 6:00 PM (PST).
- Applicants admitted to the program will be notified by September 10, 2021.
- Academy will take place virtually on Friday, September 24th from 12:00 pm- 5:30 pm EST.
Please contact Co-Chairs of the Latina Leadership Academy, Maritza Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org and Eneida Silcott at email@example.com or the HNBA Latina Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org.