2022 Corporate Counsel Conference & Moot Court CompetitionLAW STUDENT VOLUNTEERS
We need law student volunteers for our 2022 HNBA/VIA Corporate Counsel Conference (CCC2022) and Uvaldo Herrera Moot Court Competition. Part of HNBA/VIA’s mission is to increase the number of future Hispanic lawyers. To this aim, we offer multiple educational pipeline programs and initiatives to assist in the training and upward mobility of the U.S. Hispanic population. Volunteering at HNBA/VIA signature conferences provides educational and career development and advancement opportunities for our law student members. As a student volunteer, you will have access to hundreds of Hispanic lawyers, law professors, state and federal judges, legislators, and other legal professionals able and willing to help you in the pursuit of your educational and professional goals.
There are two (2) volunteer opportunities in March 2022:
- You can volunteer as a Bailiff for the virtual 27th Annual Uvaldo Herrera National Moot Court Competition (March 15 – 18, 2022). We ask for a minimum commitment of five (5) volunteer hours. During volunteer service, you may have the opportunity of developing relationships with sitting judges that could result in judicial clerkships and/or other educational and/or career opportunities. In addition, for the 5 hours of Moot Court volunteer service, HNBA/VIA is offering a 50% discount on the CCC2022 law student rate for volunteer bailiffs.
- You can volunteer your time and energy during the 2022 HNBA/VIA Corporate Counsel Conference (CCC2022) in New Orleans, LA (March 23 – 27, 2022). We ask for a minimum commitment of 10 volunteer hours. During volunteer service, you may have the opportunity to interact with attorneys, judges, and other leaders who can serve as mentors and who may provide educational and/or career advancement opportunities. HNBA/VIA is also extending a complimentary CCC2022 full registration to volunteers who meet the 10 hours of volunteer service. A full CCC2022 registration allows the volunteer to attend all conference activities, except those requiring pre-registration or designated as “By Invitation-Only”, at no charge.
Please note: The HNBA/VIA will ultimately select volunteers from among all the applicants and not all who submit applications will be selected as volunteers.
VOLUNTEER BAILIFFS (Virtual)
We need Zoom-proficient law students who want to:
- Work directly and network with sitting judges
- Observe oral arguments
- Learn more about the virtual 27th Uvaldo Herrera Moot Court Competition (see link below)
Volunteer Bailiff Time Commitment (~5 hours):
- Bailiff Training – Week of February 7, 2022*
*Date and time of 30-minute Zoom training to be determined
- Orientation & Competition Dates – Tuesday, March 15-18, 2022**
**Bailiff shifts are ~ 2 hours (2 shifts expected)
APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS PASSED.
2022CCC LAW STUDENT VOLUNTEERS (In-Person)
We need law student volunteers who want to have access to:
- Hundreds of Hispanic lawyers, law professors, state and federal judges, legislators, and other legal professionals
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE) panels and plenaries on cutting edge topics presented by leading practitioners from across the country
- A variety of workshops; and
- Networking opportunities at the CCC2022 in NOLA
Volunteer Time Commitment:
- Orientation – Wednesday, March 23, 2022
- 2022 CCC Event Dates – March 24 – 26, 2022
STEP 1. Complete the Volunteer Application below. You will receive a confirmation of submission email.
STEP 2. Final selections and volunteer schedules will be shared in late February 2022.
APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS PASSED.
QUESTIONS? E-mail Carla Martin, HNBA/VIA Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HNBA/VIA CCC2022 is a joint enterprise of the HNBA and its charitable arm, the HNBA VIA Fund.