HNBA/VIA Avanza Internships
General Description: The HNBA/VIA Avanza Internship Program offers five (5) internship positions to motivated law students or recent law school graduates. Interns assist the National Office and/or select Board or other leaders with tasks and responsibilities that advance our work and mission and support the needs of the Hispanic legal community, as well as the broader Hispanic community. Interns have opportunities to develop soft and hard skills and valuable mentorship relationships. They also have access to events and activities aimed at helping them develop as law students and legal professionals. All internship positions are remote.
- External Affairs Intern
- Fundraising & Development Intern
- Leadership Support Intern I
- Leadership Support Intern II
- Programs Intern
HNBA/VIA Seeks Interns Who Are
- Current 1L, 2L, 3L, or recent law school graduate
- Excellent at written and verbal communications
- Organized, dependable, and able to multitask
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced working environment
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges
- Committed to empowering Hispanics in the legal and broader communities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign a plus
Avanza Internship Benefits
In consideration for participation in the internship program, HNBA/VIA will cover the following:
- Lodging, transportation to and from, and registration fees to attend the Corporate Counsel Conference (“CCC2024”) in Seattle, Washington in March 2024.
- Lodging, transportation to and from, and registrations to attend the Annual Convention (“AC2024”) at the National Harbor in Greater Washington DC in September 2024.
- Development soft and hard professional skills
- Access to HNBA/VIA programs and leaders
- Networking opportunities with in-house and outside counsel, judges, law professors, government officials, and other legal professionals
- Helping to advance the interests of the Hispanic legal communityand the broader Hispanic community
- Prospect of developing valuable mentorships and career advancement opportunities
- Being a part of the HNBA Familia that extends nationwide
Other Internship Information
Commitment: To receive CCC2024 benefits, interns must complete a minimum of forty-four (44) hours prior to the CCC2024. To receive AC2024 benefits, interns must complete a minimum of eighty-four (84) hours prior to the AC2024. Interns meet with assigned their National Office supervisor every other week, except during times where the National office is closed or during law school final exams.
Internship Location: Remote
Academic Credits: If interested, and requested, HNBA/VIA will work with interns and their law schools to ensure that all steps are taken to receive the appropriate credit from their law school.
Selection Process and Timeline: Applications will go live on Friday, December 1, 2023. The deadline to apply to the Avanza Internship is Monday, December 11, 2023. Selected applicants will be interviewed virtually, and the final candidates will be selected and notified by Friday, January 6, 2024. Upon notification, selected applicants will have 48 hours to accept and sign the Internship offer.
Eligibility Requirements: Must be a member of the HNBA at the time of submitting the application, currently matriculated in a law school, and in good standing at the law school.