Business Law Section
HNBA BUSINESS LAW SECTION
The HNBA Business Law Section serves HNBA members and the profession by furthering the development and improvement of business law, educating HNBA members in business law and related professional responsibilities, providing updates on legislative and case law developments and helping members to serve their clients competently, efficiently and professionally. The Section may carry out its work through such committees as the HNBA President may establish in his or her discretion or at the recommendation of Section leadership.
The Business Section is empowered and expected to:
- Address issues pertaining to the formation and activity of business entities including corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and joint ventures. Substantive focus may include mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, financing transactions, securities, and such other substantive areas related to business law as the interests of Section members may warrant.
- Create networking and other professional opportunities for in-house and outside counsel, and those interested in transitioning into an in-house counsel position.
- Explore effective means of resolving business disputes.
- Facilitate the sharing of ideas and professional experiences among HNBA members.
- Secure knowledgeable speakers and updates on legislative and case law developments or other topics pertinent to the practice of business law.