HOW TO APPLY
Admission to the program is highly competitive. Up to thirty (30) Hispanic law students are selected to participate each year from applicants across the U.S. During the week-long program, the scholars engage in robust learning experiences and connect with lawyers, judges, regulators, and legislators at the CAFC, USPTO, Copyright Office, FTC, and ITC. Scholars also receive mentoring throughout the year.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- A rising 2L or 3L;
- Have a demonstrated interest in intellectual property or tech law as potential practice areas; and
- Must be in good standing at an ABA accredited law school pursuing a Juris Doctor.
Please upload the following documents (PDF ONLY):
- Your most recent law school transcript
- Your current resume
- Personal Statement: The IPLI Selection Committee endeavors to select IPLI Scholars in a holistic manner. In three pages or less (double spaced), please tell us:
- Why you are interested in intellectual property and technology law, and whether you have any specific professional goals with your law degree;
- Whether you have had significant hardships that you have had to overcome in life, in getting to law school, in law school or in your prior education;
- If there are any special family or personal circumstances that have affected your ability to achieve to your fullest potential;
- How you have been involved with, and given back to, the Hispanic/Hispanic community; and
- What you are passionate about.
Application* Coming Soon…
*If you would like to be notified when this application becomes available, please join our mailing list HERE.