HOW TO APPLY
Admission to the program is highly competitive. Up to thirty (30) HNBA law student members are selected to participate each year from applicants across the U.S. During the week-long program, the scholars engage in robust learning experiences and connect with lawyers, judges, regulators, and legislators at the CAFC, USPTO, Copyright Office, FTC, and ITC. Scholars also receive mentoring throughout the year.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- A rising 2L or 3L;
- Have a demonstrated interest in intellectual property or tech law as potential practice areas; and
- Must be in good standing at an ABA accredited law school pursuing a Juris Doctor.
Please upload the following documents (PDF ONLY):
- Your most recent law school transcript
- Your current resume
- Personal Statement: The IPLI Selection Committee endeavors to select IPLI Scholars in a holistic manner. In three pages or less (double spaced), please tell us:
- Why you are interested in intellectual property and technology law, and whether you have any specific professional goals with your law degree;
- Whether you have had significant hardships that you have had to overcome in life, in getting to law school, in law school or in your prior education;
- If there are any special family or personal circumstances that have affected your ability to achieve to your fullest potential;
- How you have been involved with, and given back to, the Hispanic/Hispanic community; and
- What you are passionate about.
Even if you are working this summer, please consider discussing this opportunity with your employer. Click here for a letter from the IP Law Institute to submit to your employer explaining the benefits of your participation in the program.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, March 17, 2023
Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET. Late applications will not be considered.
Questions? Email Carla Martin, HNBA/VIA Director of Programs, at email@example.com.
*If you would like to be notified about program updates, please join our mailing list HERE.