HNBA JUDICIAL DIVISION
The Judicial Division is open to all members of the HNBA who are current or retired judges or who hold or have held any quasi-judicial position. The Judicial Division is an independent section of the HNBA and has its own officers, by-laws, treasury and programs. The purposes of the Judicial Division are:
- to encourage the participation of all members of the judiciary in the work of the HNBA;
- to provide a structure for Hispanic judges to support the American judicial system;
- to help improve the quality and administration of justice in the United States;
- to promote the benefits of a fair and independent judiciary;
- to further access to justice for all Americans; and
- to foster interaction and networking between and among members of the Hispanic bench and bar.
UPCOMING EVENTS & PROGRAMS
To add to your calendar, please click HERE.
The Charla seeks to informally introduce and connect Hispanic judges nationwide and discuss ideas that will foster better engagement, mentorship, and future programs focused on us, Hispanic judges. We are committed to strengthening opportunities and initiatives for judges, such as mentorship programs, judicially-focused programs at our conferences and throughout the year, networking and collaborative events, and opportunities to connect with judicial clerkship applicants from the HNBA’s broad membership.
This Charla is intended for only judges and will be hosted by Judges Micaela Alvarez and Javier E. Vargas to ensure that we create an environment that encourages frank discussion and avoids any potential ethical concerns.