HNBA LGBT DIVISION
The HNBA Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Law Division (LGBT) serves the HNBA members and the profession by monitoring and advocating on the legal issues affecting the Hispanic lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community and by promoting the expertise, advancement, and empowerment of Hispanic LGBT legal professionals.
The LGBT Division is empowered and expected to:
- Highlight the contributions made by Hispanic LGBT legal professionals.
- Increase awareness among the general HNBA membership of the role of Hispanic LGBT legal professionals with the goal of securing the continued support of HNBA allies.
- Educate the HNBA membership on the legal issues facing the Hispanic LGBT community.
- Serve the Hispanic LGBT community by fostering the participation of the HNBA’s membership in pro bono, mentoring, and other volunteer activities within the LGBT community.
- Advocate justice and equal rights for all members of the Hispanic LGBT community by issuing press releases, filing amicus briefs, and undertaking legislative efforts and other appropriate actions as needed.
- Help to make the legal profession welcoming and supportive for Hispanic LGBT legal professionals.
Thank you for supporting the HNBA LGBT Scholarship Fund!