HNBA LGBT DIVISION
The HNBA Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Law Division (LGBT) serves the HNBA members and the profession by monitoring and advocating on the legal issues affecting the Hispanic lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community and by promoting the expertise, advancement, and empowerment of Hispanic LGBT legal professionals.
The LGBT Division is empowered and expected to:
- Highlight the contributions made by Hispanic LGBT legal professionals.
- Increase awareness among the general HNBA membership of the role of Hispanic LGBT legal professionals with the goal of securing the continued support of HNBA allies.
- Educate the HNBA membership on the legal issues facing the Hispanic LGBT community.
- Serve the Hispanic LGBT community by fostering the participation of the HNBA’s membership in pro bono, mentoring, and other volunteer activities within the LGBT community.
- Advocate justice and equal rights for all members of the Hispanic LGBT community by issuing press releases, filing amicus briefs, and undertaking legislative efforts and other appropriate actions as needed.
- Help to make the legal profession welcoming and supportive for Hispanic LGBT legal professionals.
Thank you for supporting the HNBA LGBT Scholarship Fund!
Founded in 2008, the HNBA LGBT Division actively promotes its members through mentorship, regional programming, and a day-long summit at HNBA/VIA conferences. It also provides scholarships to LGBTQ+ law students and young attorneys. The Division is committed to the success of its members to achieve their full potential and is working toward more representation in the legal profession. We welcome all to join us in these critical efforts by helping us fund our initiatives and providing much-needed mentorship and scholarship assistance to students and young attorneys to harness their talent and promote their careers
for advancing the Hispanic LGBTQ+ community.
For information on supporting the LGBTQ+ Division’s work and efforts, please contact: Michael ‘Frank” Francis LGBTQ+ Division Chair firstname.lastname@example.org