LATINA LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS2022 HNBA/VIA Latina Leadership Academy
2022 HNBA/VIA Latina Leadership Academy
For Attorneys Practicing 10 Years Or Less
The Latina Leadership Academy (Academy) offers relevant professional development and leadership training aimed at Latina lawyers who have been in the profession 10 years or less. The Academy’s curriculum builds off the successful programs on Grit and Growth Mindset and delves into concepts of executive presence, cultivating leadership skills, and what it means to be authentic in organizations where Latinas remain underrepresented at all levels. In addition, 2022 Leadership Academy attendees will gain insights into the importance of mindfulness and resilience in their daily lives and how mindful practice will increase opportunities for advancement in the workplace. Through interactive presentations, attendees will leave with skills to manage difficult conversations, create opportunities for growth and development, and effectively navigate stereotypes that create barriers for advancement. Participants will also have the opportunity to participate in a highly discounted executive coaching program for an additional 6 months after completion of the Academy.
- Applicant must be an active member of the HNBA to submit an application. If Applicant is not, Applicant can register as a member HERE.
- Latina Lawyers who have been in practice 10 years or less.
- Latina Lawyers from all areas of the profession are encouraged to apply.
- Commissioners who currently serve on the HNBA’s Latina Commission and Law Students are not eligible for this program.
- Accepted Applicants are required to participate in all segments of the program as outlined in the timeline and schedule below.
- Accepted Applicants are personally responsible for any travel arrangements and costs.
APPLICATION INFORMATION AND MATERIALS REQUIRED
- The Application must be timely and fully completed for consideration, (Only completed application packets will be considered).
- The Application and all Application material are strictly confidential.
The Application and any supporting materials must be submitted via email to email@example.com. There is no on-site application or registration process.
For Attorneys Practicing 10 Years Or Less:
- Applications due August 12, 2022, by 6:00 PM (PST).
- Applicants admitted to the program will be notified by August 19, 2022.
The Academy will take place virtually on Tuesday, September 6, 2022, from 12:00 pm – 5:45 pm ET.
Please contact Co-Chairs of the Latina Leadership Academy, Maritza Gomez at Maritza_gomez@gap.com and Katherine Britton at firstname.lastname@example.org or the HNBA Latina Commission at email@example.com.