General VIA Law Student Scholarships
The VIA Fund Law Student Scholarships are awarded to benefit underserved law students in the United States and its territories. The Scholarships are open to eligible HNBA law student members, regardless of immigration status, for educational purposes, including tuition, books and fees, or living expenses.
Scholarship Eligibility and Requirements
This scholarship is sponsored by the HNBA/VIA for the benefit of underserved law students in the United States and its territories (the “Scholarship”). The Scholarship is open to eligible law students regardless of immigration status. The Scholarship is for educational purposes, including tuition, books and fees, or living expenses. At the time of application for the Scholarship, law students who are eligible must be:
- Enrolled and attending an American Bar Association accredited law school in the US or its territories;
- A current 1L, 2L, 3L, or LLM law student in good standing;
- Of Hispanic origin;
- Involved in the Hispanic community; and
- Active HNBA Law Student Division members (free for law students).
Complete, certify, and submit this application including the following attachments:
- Personal Statement (CLICK HERE);
- Financial Information (CLICK HERE);
- Extra Curricular Activities (CLICK HERE);
- Resume (include relevant community service);
- Professional, high-resolution photograph which will be used to publicly announce winners; and
- As an option, you may include up to two recommendation letters.
Scholarship applications and all required supporting documentation must be received by Friday, August 4, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. ET.