2020 HNBA/VIA VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR
VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR
Law firms, in-house legal departments, and agencies/organizations seeking to hire Latinx attorneys should not miss their opportunity to find candidates at the HNBA/VIA Virtual Career Fair, the Nation’s largest career fair for Hispanic law students and legal professionals! The HNBA/VIA Virtual Career Fair helps match your organization with law students and attorneys from a variety of practice areas and at all levels of experience.
We are able to attract talented Latinx attorneys and law students from across the country all in one place! This provides employers with a unique and cost-effective way to meet your recruiting goals and promote your visibility among this important segment of the legal profession.
Know anyone interested in participating?
Download 2020 HNBA/VIA Virtual Career Fair Flyer
The HNBA can also help you supplement your outreach efforts with monthly job postings on the HNBA’s online career portal, both leading up to and after the Virtual Career Fair. For more information about job postings, click HERE.
2020 HNBA/VIA Virtual Career Fair Employers
HOW IT WORKS
As last year, in order to make the HNBA/VIA Career Fair even more cost-effective for employers, attorneys, and students, we have decided to make it virtual. All participants will be given access to 12Twenty, a well-known, web-based Career Services Management System used to manage all aspects of the process. The 12Twenty portal will allow you to specify whether you are seeking entry-level or mid-career candidates, class years and class standings, and required application materials. You will also have the opportunity to schedule interviews in 20 minute time slots or simply collect resumes.
2020 HNBA/VIA Virtual Career Fair Interviews
Wednesday & Thursday, August 5 – 6, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
2020 HNBA/VIA Virtual Career Fair Resume Collect Only
Employers will receive all student/attorney resumes by Friday, July 17, 2020.
Participants (Attorneys & Law Students):
- Please click HERE to confirm active membership with HNBA to retrieve the Student/Application.
- Upon receipt of your application, you will be emailed a link to set up a 12Twenty account, a platform used to share resumes and other application materials with employers. Please allow up to one (1) business day to receive this email.
- Please note that employers have through Wednesday, July 8, 2020 to sign up and post available positions. You may begin submitting applications as jobs get posted.
- After the job posting deadline for employers, they will make their interview selections by Friday, July 24, 2020.
- Students/Attorneys will be notified of their interview schedule by Friday, July 31, 2020 and employers will provide the virtual connection information (i.e. conference call, direct phone line, Skype, etc.).
- Complete employer application HERE. Please specify if your company will be collecting resumes ONLY or if you plan to conduct virtual interviews.
- Create your company’s 12Twenty account HERE.
- Post your company’s available positions and outline your required application materials (i.e. cover letter, resume, letter of recommendation, etc.)
- Review student/attorney application materials.
- If conducting virtual interviews, please select applicants by Friday, July 24, 2020.
- Employers are responsible for providing interviewees with a conference call line or direct phone number to use for the virtual interview.
- Upon candidate selection, email interviewees through 12Twenty with the call-in information.
Attorney/Student Registration Deadline
Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Employer Registration Deadline
Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Resumes of all participants sent to Employers
Friday, July 17, 2020
Attorney/Student Bidding Closes
Sunday, July 19, 2020
Friday, July 24, 2020
Attorney/Student accept/decline interviews
Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Distribute Virtual Interview Schedule
Friday, July 31, 2020
2020 HNBA/VIA Virtual Career Fair
Wednesday & Thursday, August 5 – 6, 2020